Rutgers Tuition Payment Plans
The Rutgers University Tuition Payment Plan (RUTPP) allows you to pay your term bill charges in convenient monthly payments. By planning early you can include your college payments in your monthly household budget, which allows you to avoid the large, lump sum payment due at the beginning of each semester. If you budget with Rutgers you may be able to reduce the amount of loans you will need, and in turn reduce your indebtedness.
- Choose the number of months to spread your installment payments. The installment period is interest free.
- There is a $60 enrollment fee to join the annual plan and a $50 enrollment fee for the semester plan. This fee is nonrefundable and due at the time of enrollment.
- This is an interest-free plan. Unlike a loan, you can join this plan and pay monthly without accruing interest or having a large debt at the time of graduation.
- The plan is administered by Rutgers and a third-party billing servicer, University Accounting Service (UAS).
- Tuition Protection Insurance on the plan member is provided at no additional cost. If the plan member—the person financially responsible for paying the bill—dies during the contract period, the balance of the contract, up to the total tuition and fees owed at the time of death, will be paid by Rutgers University, provided that your monthly contract payments are current.
Online Web Access
University Accounting Service (UAS) offers online account access to your RUTPP information, where you can review your installment account and payments for any semester you have attended Rutgers.
Students who choose to enroll in one of our annual plans can pay the combined term bill charges for the fall and spring semesters. Beginning and ending dates for each type of plan are below.
Please note payment plan enrollments will be available May 1st
May 1–March 15
First payment would be due at time of enrollment with second payment due May 15th and then the 15th of each month.
May 15–March 15
Six payments will be for the fall semester and five payments will be for the spring semester.
|10 Payments||June 15–March 15|
|8 Payments||July 15–February 15|
Please note that for the annual plans, the first half of the payments made will be applied to the fall semester and the second half of the payments made will be applied to the spring semester. The first payment to the spring semester will confirm the student's attendance for the spring.
Students who choose to enroll in one of our semester plans, can pay their fall, spring, or summer tuition charges over a 2–5 month period. Beginning and ending dates for each type of plan are below.
March 15–July 15 (Summer)
June 15–October 15 (Fall)
November 15–March 15 (Spring)
March 15–June 15 (Summer)
July 15–September 15 (Fall)
December 15–March 15 (Spring)
May 15–July 15 (Summer)
July 15–September 15 (Fall)
December 15–February 15 (Spring)
|2 Payments||May 15–June 15 (Summer)|
How to Make Payments
We accept the following methods of payment:
- E-check: monthly automatic deductions from a personal bank account
- Checks and money orders payable to Rutgers University and mail to:
University Accounting Service
P.O. Box 918
Brookfield, WI 53008-0918
Attendance Confirmation and Your Term Bill
Registered students receive an email notification when the term bill is available on our website, usually in July for the fall and late November for the spring.
- We will confirm your attendance with receipt of your first payment and the enrollment fee.
- Once you have enrolled in RUTPP, allow 3 business days for the payment to post to your account.
- If your contract amount does not cover the full balance due, you will need to increase your RUTPP contract or make payment online for the balance due.
- If your RUTPP contract does not appear on your term bill, print your student account summary, attach the email confirmation showing enrollment in RUTPP, and mail the form to the address indicated on your term bill by the due date. Failure to confirm your attendance could result in cancellation of registration.
Late Payment Fees
RUTPP payments received after the due date will be assessed a $25 late fee on each late monthly installment. Contracts will be canceled after three months of nonpayment.
Responsibility of the Student
All account balances not paid in full when due are the sole responsibility of the student and extend to all costs incurred by the university to collect such debt. This may include, but is not limited to late fees, collections costs, litigation/attorney's fees, and court costs.
Should you have any questions regarding your Tuition Payment Plan, you may contact Tuition Management Systems at 1-888-319-1879.