Term bill payments are accepted in the form of e-check, credit card (online only), cash, money order, or paper check. Payments can be made online, through the mail, or in person at a campus Cashier's Office. Payments are not accepted via phone.
View our International Payments page to learn how to make payments from international banking institutions.
Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences students who need to make a payment can view payment instructions.
E-check transactions are electronic withdrawals from either your checking or savings bank account. Payment with e-check is the most secure and convenient way to pay your tuition and fees and offers the following benefits:
- No waiting on lines or paying for postage
- No additional fees or percentages charged for the electronic check
- Payments are applied to your account faster, eliminating the check transit time in the mail
- E-checks are safe and secure, no more lost or stolen paper checks
When you review your term bill and confirm your attendance online, you will be required to enter bank information and your email address. Download PDF instructions for completing the e-check payment process via your online student account.
- E-checks through the web are accepted.
- No money market, investment accounts, or credit cards accounts are accepted.
- No additional fee is charged for the e-check.
- If your e-check is returned as unpaid from the bank, a $60.00 returned check administration fee will be assessed, and applicable late fees will be applied to your account.
- Any payments not honored by the bank will be redeposited and will incur applicable late and penalty fees.
Credit cards can be used to make payments online only. Credit card payments are not accepted via phone or in person. Any payments for tuition and fees made in person at our Cashiers' Offices must be made by check or money order.
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover cards are accepted for online payments.
- A nonrefundable 2.5 percent service fee of the total amount paid is assessed by the credit card company.
Checks or money orders made payable to Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, are accepted through the mail or in person.
- Indicate the student's name, telephone number, and RUID number on the front of the check.
- Print out the term bill, calculate, and fill in the Payment Form (bottom portion of term bill).
- Mail your payment and term bill to:
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Term Bill Processing Unit
P.O. Box 2021
New Brunswick, NJ 08903-2021