Payment Instructions for RBHS Students

Term bill payments can be made online, via payment plan, through the mail, via third-party billing, for international students by Flywire, or cash. Instructions for the different ways to pay are as follows.

Online Payments

As of January 1, 2017, the online tuition payment system will be available.  Students can pay online with a credit card or eCheck.  Credit card payments will be assessed a non-refundable 2.50% convenience fee.  Students can avoid the convenience fee by utilizing the eCheck option, which is a direct debit from your checking or savings account.

If you are not receiving full financial aid to cover your balance due, you may make a payment online by following the steps below:

  1. Go to the Rutgers Student Portal at
  2. Click the login button, and enter your Net ID and Portal Password.
  3. Under the My Apps tab, search for Banner Self Service tile (make it your favorite).
  4. Click on the tile
  5. Click, Pay Bill button.
  6. Click on the link View and Pay Your Bill.
  7. Select, Make Payment tab.

Mailing Payments

RBHS Cashier Office
675 Hoes Lane W, Room V02
Piscataway, NJ 08854

Make check payable to Rutgers and include your student ID# (A#) in the memo section of the check.

Authorized Payers

Parents, guardians, and other individuals authorized to make a bill payment on behalf of a student may log in at

Third-Party Billings (Armed Services, VA, SACM and others)

Forward paperwork and guarantee letters to Veronica Wynn at

International Students through Flywire

Flywire allows you to:

· Track your payment from start to finish

· Pay from any country and any bank

· Save on bank fees and exchange rates

· Receive peace of mind with dedicated multilingual customer support

Go to


"Cash", defined narrowly as U.S. coin and currency, cashier's check, money order, bank draft, or traveler's checks, is accepted for in person payment.

Any time the University receives over $10,000 in cash in one transaction or in two or more related transactions, we are required to file Form 8300 "Report of Cash Payments Over $10,000 Received in a Trade or Business."  Transactions occurring up to a rolling 12 month period are considered related (and reportable) if the recipient knows, or has reason to know, that each transaction is one of a series of connected transactions. Payments for tuition, fees, room and board, etc. are considered related (and reportable) transactions.

Please Note:  Cash does not include a check drawn on the payer's own account, such as a personal check, regardless of the amount or a charitable contribution. Trade or business is defined as any activity constituting the sale of goods or the performance of services to produce income under Internal Revenue Code Section 162. One such example of trade or business income for a university would be tuition payments.

Form 8300 is due the 15th day after the date the cash was received. The University must give a written statement to each person named on a required Form 8300 on or before January 31 of the following calendar year in which the cash is received.  The Form 8300 is issued by the Cashiers' Office.

For specific form information, contact the cashiers' office at your campus.

Please refer to IRS Publication 1544, the most recent Form 8300, and the IRS Form 8300 FAQ page for information on reportable transactions.