Credits on Your Term Bill

You can make adjustment credits to your term bill based on your financial aid package. Loans, scholarships from outside sources, and tuition remission are allowed. If you subsequently decline or fail to qualify for any portion of the financial aid awarded, you will be required to make an additional payment.

If your charges are partially covered by financial aid or paid in full, you must send in proof of these credits each term. To do so:

  • Log in to your student account.
  • Print your term bill and mark any adjustments in the Payment Form (bottom portion of term bill).
  • Provide proof of payment or credits for any outstanding balances.
  • Mail your payment for the balance and term bill to:
    Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
    Term Bill Processing Unit
    P.O. Box 2021
    New Brunswick, NJ 08903-2021


We cannot credit your account until your loan is disbursed to Student Accounting. The certification of your loan and receipt of the loan by the Office of Financial Aid does NOT automatically confirm your attendance.


The foundation that is awarding you the nonuniversity scholarship can send the check or letter of intent by the term bill due date to:

Rutgers University Student Accounting Office
Records Hall, Room 138 CAC
620 George Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1175

  • The scholarship must not be contingent upon your final fall semester grades in order to take credit on your term bill.
  • Our office will acknowledge receipt of the scholarship check and/or follow up with the foundation for any additional information needed.
  • If you are receiving a departmental scholarship through Rutgers, the department will send a letter to our office and your account will be credited for the awarded amount. 

Tuition Remission

To be eligible for remission, candidates must be on the Rutgers payroll as of the first day of classes. Staff taking off-campus courses, Rutgers graduate students, teaching assistants or fellows (RT100), full-time faculty and staff (RT101), and sons and daughters of full-time faculty and staff (RT102) are eligible for remission. 

Please note: Students enrolled in a fully online graduate program are not eligible for tuition remission.

Submit the remission form EACH SEMESTER to deduct the remission credit from your term bill (along with payment for charges not covered by the remission). The credit for the remission benefit will be processed manually to the student account after verification of your actual appointment on the payroll system. For more information,

Employer Options

If your employer is paying for part or all of your educational expenses, please contact a Cashier's Office for further information.


NJPIRG is a voluntary funding item. If you do not wish to contribute to NJPIRG, check the no box and the NJPIRG charge will be automatically removed from your balance due. View more information about NJPIRG